Recipe by MamaJ
I got this recipe years ago from a friend who brought it to a neighborhood party. It is great served chilled or at room temperature.
Top Review by charlie #5
I too got the recipe years ago from a neighbor! This is a delicious salad/side dish. I like to let it marinate in the refrigerator for a bit with the dressing on it. Fresh dill and fresh garlic a must. This salad holds well for a couple days if the beans are cooked al dente.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in boiling water 4 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into ice water.
- Drain again and pat dry.
- In separate bowl, combine next six ingredients.
- Whisk to emulsify.
- Place beans in a shallow serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with pecans, onion, and feta.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over all and toss.