Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I got this recipe years ago from a friend who brought it to a neighborhood party. It is great served chilled or at room temperature.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 red onion, diced
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook beans in boiling water 4 minutes.
- Drain and plunge into ice water.
- Drain again and pat dry.
- In separate bowl, combine next six ingredients.
- Whisk to emulsify.
- Place beans in a shallow serving bowl.
- Sprinkle with pecans, onion, and feta.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over all and toss.
I too got the recipe years ago from a neighbor! This is a delicious salad/side dish. I like to let it marinate in the refrigerator for a bit with the dressing on it. Fresh dill and fresh garlic a must. This salad holds well for a couple days if the beans are cooked al dente.
I really enjoyed this recipe a ton. I used frozen green bean I nuked in the micorwave, only about 1 1/2 cups. I made the full recipe for the dressing and served it on a potato salad for lunch and had the green beans for dinner after they chilled in the fridge for a few hours. I used pin nuts since I like them a lot more in my salads than pecans and used less olive oil but other than that I made as written. The feta goes great with the dressing and veggies. Excellent recipe!
We loved this fresh light tasting salad! The flavors go very well together and it's pretty. Next time I think I'll leave out the nuts...hubby didn't like them. Made for Zaar Tag.