1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Diced Ham, Onions & Red Pimentos
Montana Heart Song's Note:
You can use fresh or canned green beans, drained. Dressed up with the title ingredients or add slivers of water chestnuts right before serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 cups fresh green beans, ends snapped 2 inch lengths
- 1 -2 cup diced ham, fresh or 1 -2 cup cooked diced ham
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 3/4 cup chopped white onion
- 2 teaspoons diced pimentos
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup slivered water chestnut (optional)
- 1In medium saucepan, add all ingredients except the salt and pepper.
- 2Cook on medium low heat uncovered.
- 3Stir with a spoon from time to time.
- 4Gas stoves seem to be hotter than electric ones so watch that the liquid does not evaporate. When the beans are soft, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Toss a few times to mix. You may use salt substitute or Mrs. Dash Herb and Spice Mixture.
- 6I serve with biscuits and mushroom gravy.
- 7Note: If you use canned green beans, do not drain, add 3/4 cup water. Do not use the 1 1/2 cups of water. Add all of ingredients and cook until onion is soft.
- 8Do not add salt, just pepper as the juice tends to be salty.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Diced Ham, Onions & Red Pimentos
Serving Size: 1 (183 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.7
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 42.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 2.3 g