Recipe by Merlot
This makes for a pretty dish and is easy to assemble. If you don't have the fresh vegetables on hand, you can easily adapt with canned goods. I get requests for the recipe all the time.
Top Review by Anu
This was fabulously tasty and easy! I used fresh green beans and that seemed to make a real difference! I didn't have garlic salt so I used garlic powder instead. The combination of butter, sugar, basil and garlic is quite outstanding, and perfect for tomatoes and beans. This makes 4 really generous servings, but even so, this recipe is guaranteed to be gobbled whole... it's really exceptional. Thanks Merlot, this one will be a regular!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in water, until tender.
- In a fry, melt butter and add garlic salt, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Swish cherry tomato halves around until barely soft and heated, but not squishy.
- Add the drained beans and mix well.
- (TO SAVE TIME, you can use drained canned green beans instead of fresh green beans and canned stewed tomatoes instead of fresh cherry tomatoes. Just add the canned vegetables to the butter/basil mixture and heat through. I do this frequently and it works o).