This makes for a pretty dish and is easy to assemble. If you don't have the fresh vegetables on hand, you can easily adapt with canned goods. I get requests for the recipe all the time.
- Cook beans in water, until tender.
- In a fry, melt butter and add garlic salt, sugar, basil, salt and pepper.
- Swish cherry tomato halves around until barely soft and heated, but not squishy.
- Add the drained beans and mix well.
- (TO SAVE TIME, you can use drained canned green beans instead of fresh green beans and canned stewed tomatoes instead of fresh cherry tomatoes. Just add the canned vegetables to the butter/basil mixture and heat through. I do this frequently and it works o).