Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is an interesting way to make green beans. This reminds me of a green bean casserole, but there is no soup in it. I made this for a dinner party I threw and was unsure if it would be a hit, but everyone devoured it and none was left so enjoy!
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (i used more)
- 2 1⁄2 cups green beans, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large skillet melt butter over medium heat.
- add onion and garlic, cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- add green beans.
- stir in sour cream and mayonnaise and cook 3 minutes.
- Place green bean mixture in a lightly greased two quart baking dish.
- cover and bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese and paprika.
- return to oven and bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.