- 36.97 ml butter
- 236.59 ml sliced shallot
- 78.07 ml balsamic vinegar
- 9.85 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 4.92 ml grated lemon rind
- 3.69 ml salt
- 1.23 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 907.18 g green beans, trimmed (about 10 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute' 4 minutes (or until golden); stir in vinegar and cook 1 1/2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in thyme, rind, salt, and pepper (I added more butter at this point).
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine beans and shallot mixture in a large bowl and toss well to coat.