- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sliced shallot
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed (about 10 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute' 4 minutes (or until golden); stir in vinegar and cook 1 1/2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in thyme, rind, salt, and pepper (I added more butter at this point).
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine beans and shallot mixture in a large bowl and toss well to coat.