Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy-- adds wonderful flavor to simple green beans. From Cooking Light.
Make and share this Green Beans With Caramelized-Shallot Butter recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots and saute' 4 minutes (or until golden); stir in vinegar and cook 1 1/2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in thyme, rind, salt, and pepper (I added more butter at this point).
- Cook beans in boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine beans and shallot mixture in a large bowl and toss well to coat.
Wonderful combination of flavors! I didn't have shallots, so I used a red onion instead.
An AMAZING side dish. It is as tasty as it is gorgeous on the plate! Delicious, quick & easy! The shallot butter can be made the day ahead and reheated. I bought my green beans in a steamer bag. I served at Thanksgiving and will make again & again. My GF passed this along to me. Glad to see it here! Thanks GaylaJ!
Yum! Even my grandkids loved them! I prepped and cooked the greenbeans the day before. Just sauted the beans in a large skillet with a little butter to rewarm them as the shallots were cooking. Time-saver when having company.