- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 -2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in boiling water.
- (This can be done ahead.).
- Cut onions into thin slices, and cut each slice in half.
- Cook onions in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until onions are golden brown.
- (Original recipe says do not stir onions first 5-10 minutes.) Reduce heat to medium; stir in butter and brown sugar.
- Add green beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Toss with vinegar.