Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a Woman's World magazine. It is very good and has a very pretty presentation. (**Updating to say that I made this recipe with canned cut green beans. I simply drained them and heated them in a little broth for about 3-5 minutes and added them to the recipe instead of fresh green beans. They were very good this way...a nice way to dress up canned green beans.)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced, about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry cajun seasoning (I used blacken seasoning)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
- In skillet, melt 1 Tbsp butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 7-10 minutes. Add sugar, salt, and Cajun seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and golden brown, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans; cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. (Next time, I will cook longer as mine were not as done as I would have liked them.) Drain well, then add to onion with remaining 1 Tbsp butter. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 minute.
We liked this one! I only used 1 teaspoon of brown sugar and it was plenty sweet for us. Made for I Recommend Zaar Tag Game 2011.
Well miracles do happen got my DM not only to eat green beans that were not cooked in soy (if it is salty she will eat it but not so good for her) but was also looking for seconds. I steamed my beans for 8 minutes and cooked as per recipe though scaled back for 3 but only used about 250 grams of beans instead of 380 recipe required but kept all the other ingredients as per recipe for 3. Thank you Karabea, made for I Recommend Tag Game and recommended by Boomette.
I steamed the green beans. I omitted the salt. Other than that I followed the recipe. We enjoyed these green beans. It's sweet and spicy. Thanks Karabea :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game