Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This dish is a wonderful accompaniment to juicy steakhouse-style steaks. Even better, you can also serve the caramelized onions as another tasty topping for your steaks!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced, about 2 cups
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs green beans
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet, melt 1 T. butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 7-10 minutes. Add sugar, salt and Cajun seasoning. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and golden brown, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to boil. Add green beans; cook until tender, 4-5 minutes. Drain well, then add to onion with remaining 1 T. butter. Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 minute.