Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These green beans feature a spicy cajun seasoning!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry cajun seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh green beans
- In skillet, melt 1 T butter over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown, 7-10 minutes.
- Add sugar, salt and Cajun seasoning.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft and golden brown, 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- Add green beans; cook until tender, 4-5 minutes.
- Drain well, then add to onion with remaining 1 T butter.
- Cook, stirring, until heated through, 1 minute.
Really good. Loved the Cajun seasoning with the onions. Thanks Lainey for sharing. Made for Whats on the Menu tag.
Wow, what a great way to eat green beans! This is a definite keeper for my family who are not big veggie eaters. Thanks for posting!
This is a very tasty recipe and so easy to prepare.. I used a hot cajun seasoning and it was delicious. I cut the recipe back to 2 servings with no problem Thanks for posting Lainey6605