Recipe by Xiola Blue
Got from the Hamburg Journal.
Top Review by echo echo
The recipe didn't say what to do with the sugar and vinegar, so I added them to the stock, which seemed to work out. I love caramelized onions and I love fresh green beans cooked al dente, so this one was a can't miss for me. Easy and good.
- 2 lbs green beans, stem ends off
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in boiling salt water until crisp-tender about 2-4 minutes.
- Drain and immerse in ice water to stop cooking.
- Drain again and let stand to dry.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium.
- Stir in onions sliced as thinly as possible, and cook them slowly until very wilted and deepened in color, about 15 minutes.
- Boil stock in saucepan until reduced.
- Combine onions and green beans; heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.