1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Butternut Squash, Tofu and Maple Syrup Glaze
hungry vegan's Note:
Great dish. A wonderful experience for your whole mouth, tastes even better served with salad and fresh crusty bread. My mother-in-law introduced it to me, and it is now one of my favourite dishes... It is from Crank's vegetarian cook book.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1top and tail green beans.
- 2cut tofu into about 16 cubes.
- 3chop almonds into slivers.
- 4remove seeds from squash and cut into strips.
- 5Pre-heat oven highest setting.
- 6Mix 1 table spoon of olive oil, tabasco, salt and pepper.
- 7Put squash, garlic and onion into roasting tin.
- 8Baste squash, garlic, and onion with olive oil mixture.
- 9Tuck garlic cloves and almonds into and among the squash (so they dont burn).
- 10Roast for 25 minutes and steam beans.
- 11Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in smal pan, add tofu and fry for a minute on high heat.
- 12Add tamari, reduce heat and fry until well browned and crisp in places. (this should take about 10 minutes).
- 13After the squash, garlic and onions have been in for 25 minutes, glaze with maple syrup and mix.
- 14Place tofu on top of roast mixture, and put it back into the oven for another 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Butternut Squash, Tofu and Maple Syrup Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (478 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 437.7
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 757.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.3 g
- Sugars 16.0 g
- Protein 16.1 g