Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this recipe was found in Paula Deen's 2009 Christmas Cookbook! I've tweaked it some to better suit out taste!
Top Review by momaphet
This is super simple and super tasty! I wasn't sure if DH would like them because he doesn't always like nuts in things but he asked to have them again the next night - the sure sign of a winner. Made for PRMRT
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed, cut into 2-inch pieced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Steam beans for about 10 to 12 minutes or until just slightly crisp. Put the beans in a medium size serving bowl.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then cook until butter has browned.
- Add pecans & cook for 2 to 3 minutes to toast the nuts.
- Add butter mixture to green beans, tossing carefully to coat, then serve immediately.