Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The original of this recipe was found in Paula Deen's 2009 Christmas Cookbook! I've tweaked it some to better suit out taste!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, rinsed, cut into 2-inch pieced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Steam beans for about 10 to 12 minutes or until just slightly crisp. Put the beans in a medium size serving bowl.
- In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat, then cook until butter has browned.
- Add pecans & cook for 2 to 3 minutes to toast the nuts.
- Add butter mixture to green beans, tossing carefully to coat, then serve immediately.
This is super simple and super tasty! I wasn't sure if DH would like them because he doesn't always like nuts in things but he asked to have them again the next night - the sure sign of a winner. Made for PRMRT
Yum! A simple side that looks and taste wonderful, the toasted pecans make a yummy change from the toasted almonds one gets use to having on green beans. Made as written and will be making again, thanks for the post.
I love green beans in any shape, but this is so far one of the best recipes I tried. The butter toasted pecans add so much flavour to the beans. Thanks for sharing this great idea!
Made for Newest Zaar Tag.