Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is a wonderful veggie side dish to serve to guests, it is more like a bean salad, as it is not meant to be served hot, but at room temperature. The amounts I have listed are only estimated as I really do not measure any thing when I make this dish, you can adjust all ingredients to taste. You can really use just about any kind of nuts for this recipe, I have even made this with toasted walnuts. The amounts in this recipe serve 4 but you can double or even triple the recipe to serve at a dinner party. This green bean dish is good enough to be served a fancy restaurant, it is that good!
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon finely chopped shallot (or to taste)
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- salt and black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together mustard, vinegar, shallot and oil.
- Prepare a bowl with ice water.
- In a saucepan with a small amount of water, blanch/steam the beans until JUST firm-tender (about 3-4 minutes); drain through a colander, then immediately transfer to the bowl of ice water just for a couple of minutes to cool and keep the colour.
- Remove the beans to a bowl and dry well patting with paper towels.
- Drizzle the dressing over the beans; toss to combine.
- Season with black pepper and a pinch of salt.
- Add in blue cheese and almonds; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving plate or bowl, and sprinkle with more sliced toasted almonds.
- Serve at room temperature.