Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
A different way to serve green beans. My family members who don't like green beans will eat these.
Top Review by Demandy
This is similar to a recipe my aunt gave me, which I love. It puts a gourmet twist on green beans. I have just done the blue cheese and pecans to taste with a little bit of butter. She sometimes uses almonds in place of pecans.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 5 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 4 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in small amount of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp then drain on paper towels.
- Add the green beans to the bacon drippings and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the blue cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in bacon and pecans and add salt and pepper.