Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A different way to serve green beans. My family members who don't like green beans will eat these.
Make and share this Green Beans with Blue Cheese and Pecans recipe from Food.com.
- Cook green beans in small amount of boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender crisp.
- Drain well and set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp then drain on paper towels.
- Add the green beans to the bacon drippings and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add the blue cheese and stir until cheese melts.
- Stir in bacon and pecans and add salt and pepper.
This is similar to a recipe my aunt gave me, which I love. It puts a gourmet twist on green beans. I have just done the blue cheese and pecans to taste with a little bit of butter. She sometimes uses almonds in place of pecans.
Hi Luby, I made this for dinner last night and it had mixed reviews. My Aunt absolutely loved it! She's normally very picky but she enjoyed this dish so much that she plans on taking the recipe home & making it for her husband. My own husband, who is a fan of both blue cheese dressing and pecans, thought it was too strong. I'm not a fan of blue cheese but tried the beans anyway - really just not to my liking, but no fault of the recipe. We all thought this was an interesting and creative way to serve beans. The only change I made was to use frozen instead of fresh green beans - and I used pecans from the tree in our backyard. Thanks for posting such a creative recipe!