Recipe by Oolala
From a Junior League cookbook tucked away in my Thanksgiving collection.
Top Review by dicentra
I made this last night for ZWT3. I thought I had green beans in the fridge, but they were snap peas, so I used those! Still just as good. This is a very simple, but very tasty recipe. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beans in a saucepan of boiling, salted water until crisp-tender; drain and keep warm.
- Combine shallots, mustard, vinegar, olive oil and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk together.
- Heat mixture, then pour over the beans; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the dill and serve immediately.