1/2 Photos of Green Beans With Bacon & Onion
My mom made them like this ... When I make them now as an adult, I could just eat THESE for dinner :) These are not fancy by any means. 3 ingredients . Mm! The only thing is, all ingredients are "to taste" I guess I have to give some kind of measurement as guidelines though, so I'll give it my best shot! ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take scissors (I have a pair I use for food only) and cut up your bacon into a skillet.
- 2Start frying over medium heat until you get some of the bacon grease"oozing" out.
- 3Add diced onion.
- 4Continue to cook until bacon is done.
- 5Cook your green beans according to package directions.
- 6When done, drain them and pour into a bowl.
- 7Dump the fried bacon and onion (and grease) over the green beans.
- 8Toss to coat.
- 10*I know, this sounds greasy, but when spread out over a good sized serving of green beans, it's really not that bad.
- 11Also, I have used turkey bacon before and it works ok-- then you don't have the grease though, to fry up the onions--.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Bacon & Onion
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 83.7
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 5.4 mg
- Sodium 68.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 3.2 g