Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These beans are delicious and perfect for a special dinner party or everyday meal. I often substitute 2 cans green beans (cooked) for the fresh.
- 2 lbs green beans
- 2 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Cook beans in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain; rinse under cold water.
- Drain well; set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon, crumble.
- Set aside.
- Add green onions to bacon fat in skillet; saute 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat; let cool slightly.
- Add sugar and vinegar to skillet; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Pour vinaigrette over beans, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
We loved this! Left out the almonds though.
great side for Thanksgiving dinner!
I prepared this dish for a dinner party this past weekend. I made them to accompany chicken parmesan and they were delicious. I did cook the green beans a bit longer than indicated; otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. Next time I might saute the beans in the vinegarette to warm them up a bit and to coat them more evenly. My Company loved them and had seconds!