These beans are delicious and perfect for a special dinner party or everyday meal. I often substitute 2 cans green beans (cooked) for the fresh.
- Cook beans in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Drain; rinse under cold water.
- Drain well; set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon, crumble.
- Set aside.
- Add green onions to bacon fat in skillet; saute 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat; let cool slightly.
- Add sugar and vinegar to skillet; stir until sugar dissolves.
- Stir in crumbled bacon.
- Pour vinaigrette over beans, tossing gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds.