1/1 Photo of Green Beans With Bacon and Red Bell Pepper
From Bon Appetit, this is an easy side dish that goes very quickly. Fresh green beans are best, but this can be made with canned green beans also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp.
- 2Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and drain.
- 3Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- 4Add green beans and bell pepper to skillet.
- 5Toss vegetables over medium-high heat until coated with drippings, about 1 minute.
- 6Add broth.
- 7Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Bacon and Red Bell Pepper
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 107.6
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 8.1 mg
- Sodium 117.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 4.4 g