Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Bon Appetit, this is an easy side dish that goes very quickly. Fresh green beans are best, but this can be made with canned green beans also.
- 6 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed, cut in half
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Add green beans and bell pepper to skillet.
- Toss vegetables over medium-high heat until coated with drippings, about 1 minute.
- Add broth.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Mmmm...mmm.mmm.mmm...good! I used up some cooked bacon from breakfast and sauteed it with olive oil and the red bell peppers and then added the green beans. Crazy good! Thanks for posting.
5 Stars, we really enjoyed the crisp green beans with the red bell pepper strips for accent. It made a snappy side to Recipe #283649 #283649. Thanks for posting, that's just how we like our green beans. Made for Photo Tag.
Delicious! Thanks so much for posting. I tried this last night w/ canned green beans b/c of DH and we both loved it! Cooked in bacon grease makes everything 5 stars! :)