From Bon Appetit, this is an easy side dish that goes very quickly. Fresh green beans are best, but this can be made with canned green beans also.
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings from skillet.
- Add green beans and bell pepper to skillet.
- Toss vegetables over medium-high heat until coated with drippings, about 1 minute.
- Add broth.
- Cover and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Mmmm...mmm.mmm.mmm...good! I used up some cooked bacon from breakfast and sauteed it with olive oil and the red bell peppers and then added the green beans. Crazy good! Thanks for posting.
5 Stars, we really enjoyed the crisp green beans with the red bell pepper strips for accent. It made a snappy side to Braised Chicken Thighs With Button Mushrooms #283649. Thanks for posting, that's just how we like our green beans. Made for Photo Tag.
Delicious! Thanks so much for posting. I tried this last night w/ canned green beans b/c of DH and we both loved it! Cooked in bacon grease makes everything 5 stars! :)