Recipe by tampacountess
This is a fast, easy, yet elegant way to serve green beans. Bacon and Onion compliment the taste, and it'll go wonderful with just about anything.
Top Review by VickyJ
This was delicious! I am only giving 4 stars, because I used canned green beans as that was all I had on hand. I'm positive that using fresh would be so much better. I will do that next time, and there will be a next time! This was a side dish to Recipe #160405. What a wonderful meal! Thank you so much! :)
- 1 lb green beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 can chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim green beans and steam until crisp tender.
- In the meantime fry bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is translucent.
- Depending on the amount of bacon fat, pour some off, but leave about two tablespoons.
- Add steamed beans, broth, and toss coat.
- Simmer for about five minutes.
- Add shredded parmesan cheese just before serving.
- This recipe will make four side dishes, but my husband and I managed to gobble it up all by ourselves.