Recipe by Brookelynne26
Adapted from Real Cajun by Donald Link
Top Review by diner524
I made these last night for dinner, along with BBQ'd chicken and baked potatoes. We like crisp bacon, so I cooked until crispy, then removed them to papper towels. I then added the onions and allowed them to cook and just before they were close to done, I added the garlic. I used a can of french style green beans (drained) and just added about 1/2 cup chicken broth. I didn't have hot pepper vinegar so subbed Apple Cider Vinegar. Just loved these type of beans!!! Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for Went to the Market Tag Game.
- 4 slices thick-sliced bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 lbs green beans, trimmed and halved
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper
- hot pepper vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the bacon in a large pot over medium high heat until lightly browned but still tender. Add the onion and saute until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the garlic and saute a few more minutes.
- Add the green beans and enough broth to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer, covered, for 25 to 35 minutes, until the beans are very tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add hot pepper vinegar if desired.