Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Delicious and flavorful!
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen long-cut green beans
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- In a large casserole, place green beans and margarine.
- Microwave greenbeans to desired doneness.
- Just before serving, top with bacon and blue cheese.
- Toss to mix.
- Do not add blue cheese too far ahead of time.
- If you have to reheat, it melts and turns into an un-appetizing mess!
Very good. :)
I love finding different ways to prepare green beans and this certainly was a hit. We absolutely loved the blue cheese in this dish. Thanks for sharing a great recipe, Elissaz.
OK, made this on a dare, and I hate blue cheese:( I made the recipe as stated, but cut down, as there are only two of us, and I steamed the beans. I actually loved the taste the blue cheese left on the beans, but I didnt like the "lumps" of it, so I gave them to the husband, who loves blue cheese, and he gave it 5 stars :)