Recipe by Kim127
Another recipe from The Creative Gardener's Cookbook that I can't wait to try. It suggests serving this with steak or roast beef and potatoes.
Top Review by Kimke
Very good. We did not have any fresh savory so I used a bit of thyme instead. Hubby loved the bacon with the beans. I also had a bit of trouble wrapping the beans with the bacon so I just cut it up and cooked them together. Probably someone with better fine motor skills could figure it out. Very tasty though!! thanks for a yummy recipe!
- 4.92 ml salt
- 453.59 g green beans, rinsed and trimmed
- 2-3 sprig savory, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 slice lean bacon
- 44.37 ml butter or 44.37 ml margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill a medium saucepan with water and add salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and savory and return to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain beans and remove savory sprigs.
- Divide beans into 8 portions.
- Wrap each portion in a slice of bacon, and secure with a toothpick.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet; fry the bean bundles on all sides for about 3 minutes.