Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a little bit different than the other recipes listed on here.
Make and share this Green Beans With Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- Trim the ends of the beans & snap into 2 inch pieces.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, place the beans, water & salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover & simmer 10-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain well & keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut the bacon into 3/4 inch pieces.
- Fry in a medium skillet until desired doneness.
- Remove bacon & drain on paper towel.
- Discard all but 1 T. of the bacon drippings.
- Saute' the onion in the drippings over medium heat for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- Stir the cooked bacon, onion & pepper into the beans & heat thouroughly.
- Top with the diced tomato & serve.
Made the recipe as given, although I did cut it in half! We eat bean quite a bit & now have great new way of preparing them, thanks to you! The tomato topping is very, very nice! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block recipe tag]