Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This simple side is a classic crowd pleaser. You can cook the green beans and bacon up to days ahead; refrigerate them separately until you're ready to assemble the dish. The nutritional value of these is awesome! Cooking Light Magazine, 11/2007 edition. This recipe was among some ideas for Diabetics.
- Cook green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper toweled dish, then crumble.
- Add shallots to drippings in pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; toss to combine.
- Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- Remove from heat.
- Sprinkle bacon over bean mixture; toss.