This simple side is a classic crowd pleaser. You can cook the green beans and bacon up to days ahead; refrigerate them separately until you're ready to assemble the dish. The nutritional value of these is awesome! Cooking Light Magazine, 11/2007 edition. This recipe was among some ideas for Diabetics.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook green beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2Drain and plunge beans into ice water; drain.
- 3Cook bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp.
- 4Remove bacon from pan; drain on paper toweled dish, then crumble.
- 5Add shallots to drippings in pan; sauté 4 minutes or until tender.
- 6Add beans, juice, salt, and pepper to pan; toss to combine.
- 7Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring often.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Sprinkle bacon over bean mixture; toss.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans With Bacon
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 3.8 mg
- Sodium 102.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g