Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lovely vegetable dish fragrant with garden herbs.
Make and share this Green Beans with Baby Corn and Pine Nuts recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs stringless green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby corn, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (or dry sherry)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 6 drops soy sauce (or Maggi seasoning)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, mixed with
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- Remove tips from green beans and steam for 20-25 minutes or until tender, or cook by another method.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; add thyme and rosemary, allow herbs to warm in the butter.
- Add sherry, chicken broth, Maggi seasoning, salt, and pepper, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, and mix cornstarch with water and stir into sauce, whisking to incorporate, and stirring constantly until thickened.
- Fold in cooked green beans and baby corn, mixing well to get sauce all over vegetables.
- Heat gently for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until heated through.
- Serve garnished with toasted pine nuts.
What a savory, beautiful dish this is. This is dinner party worthy! I cooked the beans less than called for as I prefer them with a bit of bite left. The pine nuts are not mentioned past the title, so I toasted them and sprinkled them on the finished dish before serving. The sauce is divine! I'm already imagining it on some roasted beets.