Recipe by Mercy
Can't go wrong with butter, garlic salt and toasted almonds!
Top Review by Dwynnie
These were great and super easy! I used 1/2 tsp kosher salt instead of the garlic salt, and 2 tsp dried thyme instead of the fresh--and I even forgot to put the almonds on when I served the dish! This is definitely a keeper! Thank you!
- 907.18 g fresh green beans, trimmed
- 59.14 ml butter (1/2 stick)
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 14.79 ml Dijon mustard
- 4.92 ml garlic salt
- 78.07 ml slivered almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water until just crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Using a large diameter strainer, transfer beans to a large bowl of ice water, cool completely. Drain well. (At this point you can make the beans a day ahead, store in refrigerator.) Alternatively you can steam the beans for 5 minutes and proceed directly to the skillet.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in a heavy large skillet over medium hight heat. Whisk in 1 Tbsp of fresh thyme, 1 Tbsp of mustard and 1 teaspoon of garlic salt into butter. Add beans to skillet and toss until heated through, about 4 minutes. Transfer to serving bowl. Sprinkle with toasted almonds and remaining 1 Tbsp of thyme.