Recipe by Sage
The beans can be cooked the day before wrapped in paper towel and finished just before serving.
Top Review by CaliforniaJan
I made these for the Epicurean Queens on this year's ZWT and they are a very nice side dish. Since I was in a rush, I used a bag of the steam in a bag frozen beans and added the topping. It worked just great and I'll be making it again.
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 4 cups water, salted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds (toasted)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean and trim green beans.
- Simmer in lightly salted water until just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to keep the color bright; set aside.
- Put remaining ingredients (except almonds) in a saucepan over medium heat and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add green beans and almonds and stir briefly to coat.