Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is a very simple and tasty side dish that, mostly, can be done ahead. A bit of garlic added to the skillet would probably pick it up even more!!
- Cook beans in boiling salted water until tender crisp, about 3 to 4 minutes Drain and plunge into ice water.
- (Can be done ahead to this point).
- Drain and pat dry.
- Heat oil in skillet over med high heat.
- Saute beans with mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir until heated through, about 4 minutes.
Yummm! So easy and so fast! I loved that you could blanch them ahead of time and just flash them in the pan just prior to serving. Bought the fresh 2# pkg. of skinny little beans at Costco. I went ahead and blanched them and then put them in an ice water bath to stop them from cooking. Then I spread them out on a towel to further drain and dry. It made my company dinner so easy and everyone loved them. How simple! Thanks!
These were fine. Not great, but fine.
Really easy to make and really flavorful. I used meaux mustard and pole beans. Next time I think I will use regular beans in this dish. I served this as a side to Red Snapper with Mustard Sauce 52154, which I found to be very complimentary. Thanks, Tebo!