Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I threw this together the other night, my DH likes his green beans cooked down until they resemble something slimey..LOL; I personally like my beans crispy, so I came up with this in attempt to sway him to the other side, and he loved it.
- 1 lb green beans, topped and tailed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Boil the green beans for 5 mins and remove from heat, drain and pour ice cold water over them to stop the cooking process, drain and set aside.
- Mix together the mustard , sugar, garlic and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to form an emulsion -- taste as you go.you may not need all of the olive oil.
- Pop the green beans in the microwave for 30 secs to warm through and then toss with the vinaigrette.
I just came across a very similar recipe but this one adds 1/3 cup chopped scallion in with the beans and then adds 2 tbsp. snipped parsley into the vinaigrette. Maybe you'll like these additions too!