Recipe by Seasoned Cook
A nice colorful vegetable dish! The added flavors of bacon and onion make this dish so wonderful. The tomatoes bring the green beans to another level. You are also getting your vitamins!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) French style green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon and set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon of grease.
- Place green beans, stewed tomatoes, onion, sugar, pepper and salt in a medium saucepan. Add reserved bacon grease.
- Cook 15 minutes on medium heat. Pour into a serving bowl. Crumble bacon on top and serve.