Recipe by Maisey
This recipe came from Taste of Home. Thanks goes to Heather Campbell.
Top Review by L DJ
every year there are traditional dish my family has for Christmas. We don't stray, might add. This year I introduced your Green bean Supreme. This is the best Green Bean dish I have had. Made for Christmas and all loved it, some having 3 helpings. Thanks for sharing.
- 4 (1814.36 g) package frozen cut green beans
- 59.14 ml finely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml butter, cubed
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2.46 ml ground mustard
- 473.18 ml evaporated milk
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
- 340.19 g processed cheese, shredded (Velveeta)
- 59.14 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 9.85 ml butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in the flour, salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Drain beans; gently fold into cheese sauce. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over beans.