Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from Taste of Home. Thanks goes to Heather Campbell.
Make and share this Green Beans Supreme recipe from Food.com.
- 4 (16 ounce) packages frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 12 ounces processed cheese, shredded (Velveeta)
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in the flour, salt, paprika, Worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 min or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese.
- Drain beans; gently fold into cheese sauce. Transfer to a large serving bowl. Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over beans.
every year there are traditional dish my family has for Christmas. We don't stray, might add. This year I introduced your Green bean Supreme. This is the best Green Bean dish I have had. Made for Christmas and all loved it, some having 3 helpings. Thanks for sharing.
What a simple, tasty recipe. These green beans are so good with the melted cheese and spices. However, it was a bit too cheesy for me so next time I will add a little less cheese. Thanks for posting this recipe. Adopted for PAC April 2008.