Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in the new TOH. What nice new twist on an old favorite.
- 4 (16 ounce) packagesfrozen green cut green beans
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Cook green beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a dutch oven, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; whisk in the flour, salt, paprika, worcestershire sauce and mustard until blended.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minute or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
- Drain beans; gently fold into cheese sauce.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Toss bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over beans.