1/1 Photo of Green Beans Stewed With Tomatoes
* Pamela *'s Note:
Posted as a request for vegetarian OAMC recipes. Adapted from "The Best Freezer Cookbook" by J. Main
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim ends of beans;cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths.
- 2In a large saucepan cook beans in lightly salted water for about 3 minutes; drain well.
- 3In a large non stick skillet, heat oil and add onion, garlic and basil.
- 4Cook for 2 minutes or until softened.
- 5Add remaining ingredients, except beans, and cook for 3 minutes then add beans.
- 6Simmer for an additional 5-10 minutes until tender, stirring often.
- 7If necessary add more water to keep mixture moist.
- 8TO freeze: label and freeze in freezer bags or freezer containers for up to 4 months.
- 9To serve: defrost in fridge overnight and then reheat.
- 10Serve as a side dish or as a pasta sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Stewed With Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 86.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 156.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g