Recipe by Steve P.
Quick and simple recipe for geen beans with an added flair from the walnut oil and nice contrasting color and crunch from the sesame seeds !
Top Review by Tristanny
I had these with the potato wafers. I didn't use walnut oil I used sesame oil. I left out the sesame seeds, frankly, because I couldn't find them in my store. However, I am not a green bean lover, but I liked the crisp green beans you find in a chinese restaurant. This recipe tastes just like that and I am sooooo glad that I tried this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs young fresh green beans, stem ends removed
- 1 tablespoon walnuts or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a large sauté pan of water to a rapid boil and add the beans.
- Simmer until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain well and return to the saucepan.
- Lightly coat with walnut oil and sesame seeds.
- Sauté, tossing frequently, for about 1 minute more.
- Serve at once.