I got this recipe from a Swiss supermarket newspaper and tried it out because my parents gave me some beans from their garden. I like green beans, but they don't belong to my favourite vegetables and I'm not a fan of green beans salad. This recipe, however, pleasantly surprised me. The sweet touch of the honey and the raisins make it a perfect accompaniment to pork or lamb. The salad is also special enough to be served as a starter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 700 g green beans or 700 g yellow butter beans
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 -6 tablespoons chopped parsley, leaves and stalks (20g)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped raisins
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 3 -4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 tablespoon honey (the liquid type)
- 1/2 lb cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- pepper, freshly ground
- 1Top and tail beans. Leave whole if small ones or halve if bigger ones. Blanch for 2 minutes in salted water, drain and put immediately in ice water (this will keep their colour).
- 2Drain beans and cook in vegetable stock for ca 15 minutes or until they are cooked the way you like them.
- 3For the dressing mix mustard, oil, vinegar and honey. Add chopped onion, walnuts and raisins. Add drained, warm beans including the stock and mix. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Season halved or quartered cherry tomatoes with salt and pepper and carefully mix them with the beans.
- 5Serve while still slightly warm or at room temperature as a starter or together with lamb or pork (roast or chops).
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Salad With a Lovely Honey Dressing and Cherry Tomato
Serving Size: 1 (296 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 32.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 12.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: