A lovely recipe found in Fine Cooking. I made it twice, the second time I did not have the hazelnuts and substituted dry roasted pine nuts and it was just as good.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice the shallots length-wise into ¼ inch slices.
- Put shallots, green beans and garlic in a large bowl, toss with the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a 10x15 glass or ceramic dish and roast until the vegetables are tender and very lightly browned, stirring once, 18 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the parsley, nuts and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Mix with the roasted vegetables and serve.
YUM!! I mainly used what I had on hand. So, I used 1-2 shallots, frozen green beans, garlic powder, and hazelnuts and lemon juice. Tasted great. Even the leftovers.
These were delicious, even with my use-what-I-have variation -- frozen shoe string green beans, and dried onion flakes. Other than skipping the parsley, pine nuts and lemons, the garlic, oil, salt & pepper went into the mix. Served with baked tilapia and leftover curry roasted cauliflower (recipe also found here). Very easy to make and just the right kick from the garlic. A definite do-over. Thanks!
Not sure if DD liked them or not. She didn't have much to say either way. But DH and I really liked them. Served as a side to lemon garlic grilled chicken.