Recipe by Pets'R'us
A lovely recipe found in Fine Cooking. I made it twice, the second time I did not have the hazelnuts and substituted dry roasted pine nuts and it was just as good.
- 6 medium shallots
- 1 lb green beans
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped pine nuts or 1⁄4 cup hazelnuts
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice the shallots length-wise into ¼ inch slices.
- Put shallots, green beans and garlic in a large bowl, toss with the olive oil and the salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a 10x15 glass or ceramic dish and roast until the vegetables are tender and very lightly browned, stirring once, 18 to 20 minutes.
- In the meantime combine the parsley, nuts and lemon zest in a small bowl.
- Mix with the roasted vegetables and serve.