1/6 Photos of Green Beans Provencale
This recipe was submitted to TOH Healthy Cooking and was a runner up in the From the Herb Garden June/July 2010 issue. The recipe is being updated to reflect the use of fresh herbs as that is how it was entered in the contest. It is a wonderful way to serve fresh green beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed and broken in 2-in lengths
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 -4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, or
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil, or
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- salt and pepper
- 1Place the green beans and water in a large skillet.
- 2Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat; steam 5 to 8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- 3Drain well and set aside.
- 4Over medium-high heat, heat oil in skillet; add rosemary until fragrant.
- 5Add onion, garlic and shallots; saute 1 minute.
- 6Add green beans; saute 3 minutes.
- 7Add tomatoes and basil; saute 2 minutes.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Provencale
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.2
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 3.2 g