Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A Czech recipe that brings back memories of the wonderful meals we had in Prague.
Make and share this Green Beans Prapice recipe from Food.com.
- Add the beans to a pot of boiling salted water, reduce the heat to medium and cook uncovered 10-15 minutes or until just tender, drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add the onions and cook 4-5 minutes or until they are translucent.
- Remove pan from heat, add paprika and stir until onions are well coated.
- In a small bowl, wire whisk the flour into the sour cream, add to the onions, add salt and mix.
- Return the skillet to the stove and simmer on low heat 4-5 minutes or until the sauce is smooth and creamy.
- Gently stir in the beans and simmer 5 minutes.
We all loved this. It was a change from the usual and no bacon.
A different way to prepare one of my favourite vegetables. I was making a few different dishes, and this fitted in well, because I could cook the beans, set them aside, cook the onions, set them aside, and then just bring everything together shortly before serving. Everyone enjoyed them and I'll be making these again, thanks Lorac!
AMAZING!!!! I don't even like green beans and I couldn't stop eating these! I made them for my family and friends and they were all raving about it. Thank you so much for a delicious and simple recipe. YUM!!!!