Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 1⁄8 lbs green beans
- 3 large potatoes
- 4 ounces smoked streaky bacon, in one piece
- 1⁄2 ounce butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Trim and wash the beans and cook them in boiling, salted water.
- They must remain firm.
- At the same time, cook the potatoes in their skins in boiling salted water.
- While the vegetables are cooking, dice the bacon and fry in 15 g- 1/2 oz.
- butter until it changes color.
- When the potatoes are cooked, peel them and cut them into rounds.
- Drain the beans.
- Put the beans in a salad bowl, arrange the potatoes all around, sprinkle with the chopped parsley and spring onions, and pour the diced bacon and its fat over the lot.
- Pour the wine vinegar in the frying pan and boil, scraping up the crunchy remaining bits of bacon and bacon juice until the liquid has reduced considerably.
- Pour over the salad, and serve warm.
Delicious! I used 2 cans of whole green beans , the bacon I had and white vinegar. Make sure to serve hot!