Golden Sunflower's Note:
These are easy and made in one skillet - topped with "fresh" toasted bread crumbs. To make fresh bread crumbs - process 2 slices of hearty white sandwich bread in a food processor. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 lb fresh green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- ground black pepper
- 1Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in bread crumbs and cook, tossing often, until golden brown - 3-5 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl and toss with 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and basil.
- 2Wipe out skillet, add 1 T oil and heat over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and 1/4 t salt and cook until soft and golden, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and cook about 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook until liquid evaporates, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- 3Wipe out skillet again and add remaining tablespoon of oil over med-high heat until just smoking. Add green beans and 1/2 teaspoon of salt and cook, turning beans several times, until browned with spots, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to med-low and stir in tomato mixture and broth. Cover and cook until tender about 5 minutes. Remove lid and cook until liquid evaporates.
- 4Off heat toss in remaining 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and adjust seasoning w/salt and pepper. Transfer to serving dish and top with bread crumbs.
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Beans Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.6
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 21.1 mg
- Sodium 798.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.6 g