Recipe by Bergy
I love the subtle flavor of fennel. The tomatoe sauce gives eye appealing color. Quick & easy
Top Review by Spencer #2
I was hesitant about adding a tomato sauce to green beans but the flavors complimented each other well. This is an excellent way to add some zip to otherwise plain boiled green beans.
- 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, peeled,seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 lb whole fresh green beans, ends snipped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion& garlic cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, fennel, salt pepper and sugar.
- Cook uncovered until thickened and juice has evaporated about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile put whole green beans into apot of boiling lightly salted water.
- Cook until tender crisp 5 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the sauce& parsley.