I love the subtle flavor of fennel. The tomatoe sauce gives eye appealing color. Quick & easy
Make and share this Green Beans 'n Fennel recipe from Food.com.
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onion& garlic cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, fennel, salt pepper and sugar.
- Cook uncovered until thickened and juice has evaporated about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile put whole green beans into apot of boiling lightly salted water.
- Cook until tender crisp 5 minutes.
- Drain and toss with the sauce& parsley.
I was hesitant about adding a tomato sauce to green beans but the flavors complimented each other well. This is an excellent way to add some zip to otherwise plain boiled green beans.