Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a great way to make canned green beans taste like fresh cooked, but without all the trouble. Submitted on May 25th,2006
- 2 (14 ounce) cans green beans
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water, if needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if needed
- Pour beans and bean juice into a medium sized saucepan.
- Add bacon, stirring well.
- Bring to a rolling boil.
- Cover with lid and turn heat to medium low. Simmer for 45 minutes.
- Add more water a little at a time if needed.
- Cook until beans are a little "mushy looking".
Awesome!!! I used 2 cups of frozen grrenbeans instead.
Good flavor. I didn't want my beans mushy, but wanted the flavor of bacon throughout. So I poured 1 can bean juice and a little water in a saucepan added the diced bacon and simmered for 15 min., than added the beans and remaining bean juice and simmered for the remaining 30 mins. Topped with a little parmesan, just because I just 'gotta' have cheese! Thank You shapeweaver-
Great beans. I halved the recipe and loved how flavorful canned green beans could be. Thanks Chef Shapeweaver for a great side. Made for Cookbook Tag.