Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
From Madison Middle School.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable fat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb lamb or 1 lb beef, cubed
- 1 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1-1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 3 (6 ounce) cans hot water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Melt fat in skillet over medium heat; saute onion until tender and yellow. Add meat; saute until light brown. Add beans and toss mixture until beans become bright green in color. Stir in salt and black pepper; add tomato paste and hot water. Blend thoroughly. Cover and cook until beans are tender. If sauce becomes too thick, add more hot water. Just before serving, add lemon juice. Serve with steamed rice.