Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice side dish that should delight Passover chefs (even those who aren't cooking for Passover.)
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed (or 1 pound frozen green beans, cooked according to package directions and drained well)
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Cook green beans in boiling water to cover 5 to 10 minutes or to desired degree of doneness; drain and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add tomato sauce and sugar; cook, stirring often, 5 minutes. Add green beans, salt, pepper, and vinegar; cook 5 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve immediately.